Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Grandma's Apron

The strings were tied, It was freshly washed, and maybe even pressed.
For Grandma, it was everyday to choose one when she dressed.
The simple apron that it was, you would never think about
the things she used it for that made it look worn out.
~excerpt from Grandma's Apron by Tina Trivett

Aprons may just be my MOST FAVORITE THING! For as long as I can remember I've been infatuated with them. Wearing, collecting and displaying, even creating aprons for my friends and family brings me joy.

Here's Karen wearing one of my creations, given to her by my sister, Lindsay, for Christmas

My most cherished aprons hang in my dining room.

This Christmas has already bestowed two new additions- the Turkey Brand Flour apron made out of a flour sack from Lehi Roller Mills in Utah and a reversible french country style apron. I wonder just how many I have these days?!?

There are even blogs named after and dedicated to the Apron, it's not just me.
Check out these great blogs for warm, happy apron feelings!
Apronista ~A site dedicated to aprons
Farm House Accesories ~This gal makes some ADORABLE aprons

1 comment:

  1. Aww. . . .first time my blog has been blogged about. . .LOVE that apron rack. Doesn't it just make you feel happy to look at pretty aprons all hanging in a row like that?

    ReplyDelete