Wednesday, August 26, 2009
You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Any crop other than wheat, barley, or legumes on the Palouse draws a bit of attention, not just from honey bees. One local farmer has planted a long strip of lovely sunflowers, not to make his fellow farmers question his sanity, but to please his daughter, for when she was a little girl she told him that one day she'd like to get married in a field of yellow sunflowers. She will be wed this summer. I can think of no sweeter action from a loving father!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
that smells so good in rain.
Home is right around the corner,
just a quick flight on a plane.
Home is where my Mother lives,
her heart is filled with love.
Home is where her children come
because home fits like a glove.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
This is the scrapbook table in my craft room. Clutter, inefficient, uninspiring, BLA! The walls are panneling, the ceiling is foam board, the previous owners are all on my list (you know the one, THAT list). Notice how I cleverly cropped out the underside of the table? Ha, you don't even want to see it! My organizers are haphazard, with the exception of my awesome sticker tote- It totally rocks! Sadly this is only half of my scrap supply. Over that-away ~~~> there is another table with a big stacking cube organizer thingy, for lack of a better word. It holds all my paper, Cricut supplies, unfinished scrapbooks, memorabilia, and photos.
I see you asking yourself "Um, whats the point to this post?"
It's time for a makeover! Paint, organization, OVERHAUL- It's all going down this weekend (fingers crossed here). So watch for dramatic after pictures coming soon!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
- They LOVE bananas, peel and all
- They don't like little white dogs that stare through the gate at them
- When itchy, they lay sideways on the fence and walk along it, banging thier horns like a kid holding a stick on a picket fence
- They prefer weeds to grass hay, the weedier the better
- Baby pine trees are a delicacy to escape goats
Monday, August 10, 2009
Cody helped Uncle Jason work on his four-wheeler this weekend. It was a selfish task in part because Cody wanted Uncle Jason to accompany him on a ride to the river. They sure have fun together!
Friday, August 7, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
- The toads hanging out under the run off from the air conditioner, happy to share the puddle
- 'Chick' 'chick' 'chick' of the sprinkler watering our "almost everything grew" garden
- Little goat bleats
- The horses calling to me when they hear the screen door slam
- Dakota, the grey and red bird of happiness, yelling at the dogs and whistling to me
- Puppy tails wagging ecstatically as if everything I say or do is AMAZING
- The smell of laundry freshly pulled from the line- reminds me of farm, sunshine, health
Lavender growing in my garden and flower bed
- Stacks of hay in my barn, shed, and on the slab
- And this guy...